Heart Centered Equine Academy offers a variety of professional horse training programs which are tailored to meet both you and your horses needs. Horse starting thru horse finishing services is provided with a focus on creating a soft, supple and willing horse. Kathy has the qualifications and experience to train your horse to be a quiet well mannered trail horse to a show horse you can be proud of. Practical, gentle, methods are used to develop your horses confidence, trust and respect.
Kathy is sensitive to the concerns horse owners have when choosing a trainer for their horse. She is committed to giving your horse professional care and training as well as that individual attention every horse deserves, below is a list of the horse care you can expect while your horse is in training. Your horse will be:
- Groomed and worked daily, 5 days a week, Mon-Fri. and handled and trained only by Kathy Valentine.
- Fed quality grass hay 3 times a day
- Fed Strategy and Vita Stress Vitamins daily (unless you direct otherwise)
- Fresh, clean water which is monitored daily to ensure your horse is drinking adequately
- Each horse has its own individual wood fenced paddock which is cleaned daily 7 days a week. Each paddock has a run in shed for shelter from the elements
Additionally here is a list of what you can expect:
- A one hour lesson with your horse each week provided at no additional cost. We highly encourage you to take advantage of this so that you understand the method and approach that is being taught to your horse.
- After your horse training is complete Kathy wants you to feel comfortable taking your horse home. Knowing that you confident and knowledgeable and will be able to continue on the road of success with your horse.
- There is always an open invitation to watch any and all training sessions
- There is an open barn policy. You may stop by and visit your horse, while it’s in training any time of the day or night. We do ask however, that while your horse is in training, you do not ride him/her unless it is under your trainer’s supervision. You are encouraged to spend time with your horse, even if it’s just to groom or hang out with him.
- All tack is provided, including halters and lead ropes while your horse is in training.
- Quality veterinary care if needed. Shawn Gleason Veterinary Services is the vet on call. Of course, we will use the vet of your choice if you have one local to the area.
- A written training agreement which outlines your training goals for your horse and helps assure your trainer meets your expectations.
- Periodic phone calls to update you on your horse’s progress.
- References are always available
Feel free to call with any and all questions you may have. Better yet, call for an appointment and Kathy will be happy to meet with you and show you the facility as well as answer your questions.
511 Hudson Lane
Victor, Montana 59875